The Public Utility Data Liberation (PUDL) Project.
- pudl.__contact__ = email@example.com
- pudl.__maintainer__ = Catalyst Cooperative
- pudl.__license__ = MIT License
- pudl.__maintainer_email__ = firstname.lastname@example.org
- pudl.__docformat__ = restructuredtext en
- pudl.__description__ = Tools for liberating public US electric utility data.
- pudl.__long_description__ = Multiline-String
1This Public Utility Data Liberation (PUDL) project is a collection of tools 2that allow programmatic access to and manipulation of many public data sets 3related to electric utilities in the United States. These data sets are 4often collected by state and federal agencies, but are publicized in ways 5that are not well standardized, or intended for interoperability. PUDL 6seeks to allow more transparent and useful access to this important public 7data, with the goal of enabling climate advocates, academic researchers, and 8data journalists to better understand the electricity system and its impacts 9on climate.
- pudl.__projecturl__ = https://catalyst.coop/pudl/
- pudl.__downloadurl__ = https://github.com/catalyst-cooperative/pudl/